DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
collectively all information that you submit to AAA Roofing Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by AAA Roofing Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to AAA Roofing Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, https://www.aaaroofing.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships; d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AAA Roofing Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that AAARoofing Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you: a. name;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways: a. dataisgiventousbyyou ;and b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. AAA Roofing Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means; b. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
request a call back;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
internal record keeping;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
12. We may use your Data to show you AAA Roofing Ltd adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you AAA Roofing Ltd adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
AAA Roofing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 925175. We act as a credit broker not a lender and offer finance.
AAA Roofing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 925175. We act as a credit broker not a lender and offer finance from a panel of lenders.